Bonnie A. Amoia, MBA, FHFMA
Bonnie Amoia is one of the founding partners of Healthcare Management Solutions LLC. She has over 25 years of experience dedicated to the healthcare industry with a proven track record of improving profitability, enhancing operational performance and strengthening strategic direction.
Bonnies extensive healthcare knowledge base and her hands-on approach give her the ability to address issues quickly and effectively resulting in substantial cost savings and revenue enhancements.
Prior to forming Healthcare Management Solutions, Bonnie held various senior level management positions at healthcare facilities including Chief Financial Officer. Her responsibilities included:
- Directing and managing the overall operations of Accounting, Accounts Receivable, Admitting, Outpatient Registration, Budgets, Reimbursement, Cost Accounting, Managed Care Contracting, Medical Records, Home Care financial services and Physician Practice Management
- Renegotiating managed care contracts
- Leading revenue cycle improvement groups
- Serving as Treasurer for both nonprofit and for profit companies, including a home health agency and ambulance company
- Serving as Acting Director of Information Systems
- Development and implementation a FTE productivity benchmark reporting system
- Instrumental in overseeing a computer conversion of total Hospital clinical and financial systems
Recent consulting engagements include:
- Interim management as Chief Financial Officer
- Interim Vice President for Reimbursement
- Oversight of various projects including cost report preparation, development of operating budgets, preparation of certificate of need applications and development of various management reports to improve financial performance monitoring
Ms. Amoia holds a Master of Business Administration from Pace University. She earned certification as a fellow from the Healthcare Financial Management Association. She has served as the President of the Hudson Valley NY HFMA Chapter, on the National HFMA Advisory Council and is a recipient of the HFMA Founders Medal of Honor Award. She is also a recipient of the YWCA Salute to Women and Industry Award that recognizes individuals for significant contributions made to their organization.